Friday, July 1, 2011

{Love Is Not All} Art Journal Page

Hey there, TGIF :)  I hope everyone's week went well and you're now ready for the weekend!  Today's post was inspired by all the leftover lace lingering on my desk since my last post.  So with that I knew I wanted to do a page that was pinkish, romantic(ish) and had lace on it with a grungy twist.  I have this little journal that I planned on putting my favorite poems, quotes and such in.  It only measures 5x7 and unfortunately I've done only two pages in it so far :p
So I felt now was as good a time as any to play in it.  One of my favorite poems is Love Is Not All by Edna St.Vincent Millay and I thought, perfect, that's what I'm gonna art journal.  So here it is :)

                                                       (Click on images for a closer look)



Techniques/Supplies used:
Watercolor paint (Michaels)
Waterbrush (Kuretake)
Stencil Waste
Lace/Netting
Thread for stitching
Staples (Tim Holtz)
Dictionary Paper
Matte Medium
Gesso (Golden)
Stickles (Ranger)
Liquid Pearls (Ranger)
Lumiere Acrylic Paint (Jacquard)

Thanks for stopping by and having a look! Have a wonderful Weekend!

1 comment: