Sunday, May 27, 2012

{Finding my groove} + {A Journal Page and Video}

Hey there, it's me!

Wow, it's definately been awhile! Sorry I haven't been around, I really didnt expect to be gone for so long.  What can I say, that's life I guess.  Life has been a bit of a whirlwind for the past couple of months, nothing bad, just alot of things going on at once. Don't worry I'll spare you all the excuses and reasons for my absence :p

That being said, once things started settling down I was finding it a bit difficult to get back into my normal groove. I felt I wasnt in the right frame of mind to blog, create, and just play.  My creative "mojo" seemed to still be on hiatus, although my heart was telling me it was time to jump back in. I have to admit I always feel guilty when I read the blogs of some of my fave artists and although they are super busy, they always seem to find time to create.  How do they do it, talk about discipline! While me on the other hand, who does have spare time can barely get past just staring at all my supplies (although I do enjoy that too) :p

Anyway, here's me jumping back in and trying to get back in the swing of things :)  Thank you to all you wonderful readers who have continued to visit this little blog of mine.  Knowing you take the time to stop by definately keeps me motivated to create and share!

Here is a journal page I created the other day.  I decided to use the 5/15 prompt over at A Year In The Life Of An Art Journal as a way to jump start my creative mojo, and it worked! If you haven't visited their blog, definately check it out.  The prompts are wonderful, although unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with them as I had originally intented to. Here's a link to their post.

The prompts this time around are:
THE PROMPT: Bloom Where You're Planted
ie: count your blessings
THE STUFF: Scrapbooking flower embelishments ie: prima flowers, stickers
THE TECHNIQUE: paint/stamp/stain the flowers

Here are some photos of the journal spread:





I even filmed the process.  The video quality is a bit dark because I was filming it at night. I hope you enjoy it though. Here's the video :)


Supplies Used:
-Gesso (Liquitex)
-Clear Gesso (Liquitex)
-Matte Medium (Golden)
-Gel Medium (Golden)
-Washi Tape
-Tissue Tape (Tim Holtz)
-Tiny Glass Beads
-Jet Black Ink (Staz On)
-Paper Flowers (Prima)
-Grid Stamp (Studio G)
-Date Stamp
-Steno Paper
-Graph Paper
-Dictionary Paper
-Pitt Pen- Medium Flesh (Faber Castell)
-Fine Point Pen (Sharpie)
-Stencil Waste
-Homemade Colorwash Spray: Wild Plum, Sailboat Blue, Pool
-Caran d'Ache Watecolor Crayons: Saphire Blue, Purplish Red, Fast Orange
-Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint: Purple Palette, Classic Teal, Landscape Green,
Dab of Yellow, Painterly Pink, Sky Blue, Modern Red 

I filmed some other journal pages I created as I stated in my last post but just did not feel motivated enough to edit them. I guess I like to edit videos when the process is still fresh on my mind and I'm still excited about the pages I completed.  I guess I'll just have to film more :p  If there's anything in particular you'd like to see please let me know, I'd love your feedback :)  I thought I'd like to try filming the  process of something other than art journaling, hmm... I'll have to think on it!

I didn't forget about the mini giveaway I mentioned in my last post too.  I have to take some pictures of it and will post about it soon, promise!

Thanks once again for stopping by! Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

7 comments:

  1. I like all the layers on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek!! This is just adorable!! I am such a fan of layers... and yours are just amazing!! I love it. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love layer too, sometimes I don't know when to stop :p Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. So happy that the prompt where helping you to get your Mojo started. I really like the background with all the texture and your flowers are very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! The prompt definately helped in finding inspiration and jump starting my mojo :)

      Delete