Here is what I've been busy doing:
This is actually a project I started awhile back but never finished till now. I decorated a mini album binder with the intention of making it a place I could put some of my art experiments in. I like to play with different techniques/mediums and thought it would be fun to have that all in one binder that I could go refer to for some inspiration.
When I got home I scoured my space for a spare binder to store my plastic sleeves in and although I found some, they were just not pretty enough to store some artsy atc's. I could have decorated a binder but I just was not motivated to. As I pondered what to do I spotted something from the corner of my eye sitting on a dusty shelf, yep it was the mini binder I decorated way back when. So light bulb flashing in my mind I decided that was where my future atc's will be housed in.
So, to get to the point as this is becoming a rather
The plastics were pretty flimsy so I decided to reinforce where the holes would be for binding by adding a strip of light weight chipboard. I tried at first to sew the plastic and chipboard so that it would look pretty but that didn't turn out as I hoped (I was able to sew 2, then the machine quit on me). As I've mentioned in a previous post somewhere I don't own a sewing machine, what I do have is one of those mini machines that are suppose to be for scrapbooking. There's no way I would ever consider that a sewing machine (at least not with a straight face :p). Anyway, now I know why that machine has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for the past 8 yrs or so!
I ended up stapling the chipboard to the plastic with my TimHoltz tiny attacher. I then decided to add a piece of washi tape to cover the staples and make it more pretty. I punched some holes with my crop-o-dile and then I was done!
Here are some photos of the binder and the plastic sleeve inserts:
Can't wait to start filling it up! I hope you enjoyed a peek at what's on my workdesk this Wednesday. Now that I've shared, I'm off to clear off my desk so I can start on those atc's. If anyone knows of a good place for swapping please let me know :)
Have a great day. Take Care!






FAB-U-LOUS. Wish I could find more time to let my creative juices flow. Keep up the great work - I love looking at it. Chris x
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Your too sweet!!!
DeleteOh my word, this is lovely...what a great moment of inspiration..and getting to the finish line with a 'shelved' project. Double whammy! It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm glad the binder will get more play time now than just sitting on my shelf :)
DeleteOh so pretty, TGS, norma/lizzy
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! That is a beautiful binder! That binder is very worthy of artsy ATCs now for sure. Have fun making the ATCs. I have such a love/hate relationship with them.
ReplyDeleteThank You! I can't wait to fill it up. I hope I'll find making atc's fun, if not, I'll be happy that I at least gave it a try :)
DeleteWow! what gorgeous crafting - so inspirational (Hazel, WOYWW #5) x
ReplyDeleteThanks a bunch!
DeleteLove the way you reinforced the plastic wirh chipboard and there is nothing wrong that a little washi tape can't fix! I giggled about your sewing machine remark, lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!! Lol, I think I was giggling when I was typing that remark :-D I think washi tape is wonderful on pretty much everything too! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Deletewhat a fab project,love the finished cover and great way to use the washi tape,x
ReplyDeleteThank you! I love washi tape :p
DeleteAm WOYWW blog hopping whilst daddy is visiting and was just telling him how all us crafters, all over the world have pretty much the same products on our desks and he asked to have a look and your blog couldn't be more perfect to prove my point because there are my Tim Holtz Tonic scissors and Crop-o-Dile! I just LoVe your little book cover ... just the sort of work I like to TRY and produce. Happy Crafting. Debbie #89
ReplyDeleteLOL! Definately true, I actually have 2 of his scissors because I'm always losing them under my piles of mess :p Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
DeleteWow what an fab binder. Happy Thursday to you, hope you enjoy this week's snoop around the oh so creative spaces & take care. Zo xx 83
ReplyDeletethis is awesome love the saying. wrote it down to add to my visual jounral mixed media project thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love that quote too! I'm actually surprised I haven't used it yet on a journal page, gonna have to do something about that :p Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteThis is so pretty! Love the idea of covering chipboard with washi. Linda #114
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful. I am very new to this but enjoying it. You have a lovely blog. I have become your newest follower and looking forward to visiting you again
ReplyDeletex catherine
What a beauliful, precious little book. I love the creative ideas you have about strengthening the spine etc.
ReplyDeleteRunning late this week... Love your busy and creative space. :) Stunning creation!
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW!
Maggie
x