Wednesday, January 4, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR! and {2012 Calendar Challenge}

Hi there! Wow, I can't believe it's been so long (once again) since I've blogged. The last months of 2011 sure was hectic, that being said and before I forget to say it, HAPPY {belated} NEW YEAR!!! 
I have to admit that 2011 was a blah year for me, full of ups, downs, good times and bad times and I'm certainly glad that year is over.  I'm hoping that 2012 will be an awesome year for me as well as for all of you!

There are so many ideas, plans and projects already running through my mind that I'd like to begin and accomplish for 2012.  One of those is the calendar challenge that Kate Crane hosts on her blog at TheKathrynWheel. If you're not familiar with her work you definately need to check out her blog, her work is awesome and super inspiring.  I've been following her for awhile and have always wanted to participate in her calendar challenge.  However things somehow always came up and I felt it was always too late to begin. But not this year, I definately made it a point to give it a try and I'm hoping I'll be able to complete my calendar :)  Here's the link to Kate Crane's post regarding the challenge.

Here is my page for January:

I initially wanted to use the journal that I received for Christmas from my brother and future SIL but unfortunately the size didn't work out for this partipicular project.  Instead I opted to make a new journal just for the challenge, which I did out of manila file folders that I cut down to size 8x11. I also wanted to create a more subdued page but somehow ended up using my favorite colors of turquoise and green :p  I did incoporate alot of circles on my page though because I was taught that if you wore polka dots on New Years that your year will be filled with fortune. So maybe filling up my page with circles will provide me with alot of creative opportunities :)  I can't wait to start filling in all the little squares!

Thanks so much for having a look!  I hope your year will also be filled with wonderful creative opportunities!  Take Care :)

10 comments:

  1. This is a super page... love the colours and the dots.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages, I really like the black and white detailing which really pops against those GORGEOUS turquoise and green colours :o) Polka dots on New Year will bring a year filled with fortune, eh? So that's where I've been going wrong!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a super page. I love all the touches of black and white against the colourful background, and the bird on the tree is super-cute! Welcome to the challenge, I'm delighted that you will be playing along. Good luck with the rest of the year! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages! LOVE your doodling around the edges!!! Lovely colours too... happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your page full of details

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite colours! Great doodles to enhance the page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool page, loving the bird and stripy tree x
    Hugz Minxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great pages, love the doodles.
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katt this is fabulous - loving your black / white contrast to your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style, the doodling on these pages are fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete