I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I've last blogged! Sorry for the inconsistency, you know how things can sometimes get hectic! Anyway, I hope you've all been doing wonderfully!
I just wanted to quickly share a journal page I did for the Feb.15 prompts over at A Year In The Life Of An Art Journal. I haven't journaled much lately and it seems the only journaling I have been doing is because of their prompts and the want to keep up with it. So although I'm pretty late in my posting, I'm glad I'm accomplishing that goal regardless :)
Here are the prompts:
THE PROMPT: My Favorite Things
ie: a few of the things you LOVE about someone you love. Can be alive or dead.
THE STUFF: Lists and ephemera
ie: have a few tokens from that someone? Maybe the cover of the CD with "your song" or a napkin from the restaurant you both love to eat at...
THE TECHNIQUE: Pockets
ie: Use pockets to store those "things" on your page
I decided to do a journal page about my furbabies, I just love them!
Here are some photos:
Here's what the front and back of the journaling card (behind the photo) looks like:
Here are some photos of my nosy little girl :)
Always interrupting my photo taking sessions!
Here's the video of the page in progress, hope you enjoy it :)
Supplies Used:
*Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic Paint in:
-Medium Magenta
-Cobalt Teal
-Cobalt Turquoise
-Mars Black
*Golden Fluid Acrylic in Yello Ochre
*Golden Gesso
*Golden Matte Medium
*Washi Tape
*Deco Tape
*Tissue Paper
*Heidi Swapp Alpha stickers
*Stapler and Tim Holtz tiny attacher
*Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprout
*Sequin Waste
*Tim Holtz Adage Ticket
*Basic Grey Rub-ons
*Studio G ink pads in white, teal, and pink
Thanks for stopping by, Have a wonderful day!!








Ooooh very pretty, love the dreamy colors. And adorable furbabies!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much :)
DeleteI really love the layers on this page and the colors.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I love when colors I never thought to put together just work out :)
DeleteI love my furbabies too, although I frequently look for three sixes on Alfie's head - a little devil. They are the reason why I don't get as much time to craft. When I think I'll settle down and get creative, the guilty looks I get are unbearable, even when they are shattered from a 5 mile walk. I will just have to keep viewing yours with envy !!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL!! My furbabies are definately no angels :p I'm only lucky to get some photos of them being still after they're all worn out from chasing eachother around the room like hellcats to my annoyance! One of them always ends up yelping after getting bit by the other. Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you find some time to get creative!
DeleteThis is so freakin cute and I love the colors!!!
ReplyDeleteI Love the colours of the pages and the journalling card hidden behind the phot is a neat idea. Love the heart and cross-stitching too...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great page and how fun to see your four legged assistant!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!
Deleteeeeek! I have to a page on Maggie the wonder dog now. You are so freaking good at this, I am blown away. I'm a total newbie and live in N.Ireland where this isn't popular yet so...Wow!
ReplyDeleteYour too sweet, thank you!! You should def do a page on your little Maggie, I would love to see it! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteEEp. I love this. The colours. <3
ReplyDelete