I just wanted to quickly share the journal page I did for A Year in the Life of an Art Journal's second prompt for January. I actually created the page last week but I wanted to edit the video I made of the process and put it in one post. Unfortunately, Windows Movie Maker and I are having abit of a disagreement :p
So, I decided to share my page now since I don't know when WMM and I will make up and the new prompt will be posted on the 15th. I will post the video another time if I ever get to edit it.
Here are the prompts for Jan.30:
THE PROMPT: Imagine
ie: what's in your imagination or where do you imagine yourself
THE STUFF: Pictures or words from magazines/newspapers etc
ie: Words, letters or images that develop your idea
THE TECHNIQUE: mask/stencils
ie: can be anything from flowers, letters, rubberbands or professional mask or stencils
Some of the details:
-I tried to incorporate all the prompts and began by using a stencil and some sprays to create the background, but you can't tell because I ended up adding more layers of gesso and spray. The letters however are alphabet masks by Heidi Swapp.
-The picture of the bench was an image that I printed off the web
-I used a stencil and some molding paste for the flowers around the title.
-The flowers along the bottom are paper flowers by Prima
-The tissues that I collaged on the page are paper towels that I used to wipe of excess spray from a previous project
Supplies Used:
Homemade Colorwash Sprays
Gesso
Soft Gel
Tissue
Paper Flowers
Stencils/Masks
Light Molding Paste
Watersoluble Oil Pastels
Watersoluble Wax Pastels
Sharpie Pen
Thanks for stopping by! Hugs :)



Wow! I love your Imagine page - its gorgeous! Thanks for the lovely comments you left me x
ReplyDelete