Thursday, January 26, 2012

{Free} Journal Page

Hello lovely people :)
I just discovered this blog called A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and felt inspired to give it a try.  I'm hoping that this will help me stay motivated to art journal more regularly and love that they include prompts to get you started. The prompts are posted on the 15th and 30th of every month. 
Go check them out, I would love to see what you create :)

The prompts for Jan. 15 on their site are:

THE PROMPT: Word
ie: along the lines of One Little Word, choose one word that embodies the way you want your year to be LIVED.
THE STUFF: Imagery
ie: Use images, clippings... all to create the FEELING of the word you choose.
THE TECHNIQUE: PAINT/DOODLE
ie: paint and doodle on your images to further create the emotion of your word.

Here's what I created:




I also created a video of my page in progress :)  My camera was dead, and to be honest I was too lazy to set up the camera, tripod and etc anyways. So, I thought I'd give my webcam a try.  The quality is still not great and I definately need to play around with the camera angles, settings and lighting in my room. But hey, that's what practice is for right, trial and error until you find something that works!
I hope you enjoy the process regardless and like what I created :)

Supplies used:
-Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic: Magenta, Vivid Lime Green, Raw Sienna
and Yellow Orange Azo
-Golden acrylic glazing liquid
-Golden Gesso
-Liquitex Clear Gesso
-Heidi Swapp Bird Sticker
-Sharpie Pen
-White Out pen
-Washi Tape
-Homemade Colorwash Sprays (Wild Plum, Lettuce, Terra Cotta, Caramel)
-Stencil Waste

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I always appreciate it :)  Take Care!!

8 comments:

  1. You imagery makes me swoon! This is beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had a blast participating and can't wait to begin on the next set of prompts on your site :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Your page is stunning. Love how you have used different sized words to create depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. turely an artist :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those birdcages and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and white contrasting with the bright pinks and yellows. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete