I first started by using the negative part of the TimHoltz Flourish mask as a stencil. I dabbed it with starburst stain in Hydrangea Blue.
Then I misted the background with Starburst Stains in Azure Sea Asters and Glitz Spritz Desert Moon Endless Sky. I added drops of alcohol to give it water spots. Note: I added acrylic glazing liquid to the stains and spritzs in a separate water bottle. You can still achieve the water spots without the acrylic but it yields a slightly different effect.
I added "puddles" of starburst stain Sea Mint Green to the right side and turned my page upside down and tilted it in different directions to let the drops flow naturally to create the seaweed look.
For the fish I used the starburst stains in Azure Sea Asters and Sea Mint Green with drops of alcohol to create the effect. I added many layers of the stains and dried it between each one till I was satisfied with the outcome. I inked around the edges with black soot distress ink.
I dipped some scrap paper onto the excess stains when I was creating the fish. You don't wanna waste any of that good stuff :p In the end I punched tags with it using my stampin up punch to use for journaling on the layout.
I added some Golden glass bead gel on the bottom to create the "sand". When it was dry I dry rubbed it with LSG mica powder in Opaline Rosy Tan (my fave!). You can always use the mini glass beads you can purchase at Michaels or Joanns (it's alot cheaper) but personally this was convenient because it already had the adhesive mixed with it :p
On the fish I used sequin waste as a stencil and rubbed some mica powder (Opaline Rosy Tan) on it to create the "scales". I also added it to the top of the layout to balance it out a bit. You can obviously use any stencil or stamps to decorate it the way you want :)
I dipped some chesse cloth in starburst stain Opal Sea Oats to age it.
I melted some sealing wax and poured it on my craft sheet and impressed it with my metal stamp. The product is 7gypsies but you can purchase sealing wax in the stationary section of most office supply stores and use a rubber stamp to imprint in it. On the final layout I rubbed around the sealing wax with mica powder in Milky Way Teal Green and on the raised writing with black soot distress ink.
I altered the sea creatures and wire hooks with LSG embossing powder in Twilight Bronze Slate. Then rubbed Opaline Rosy Tan mica powder on top.
I distrezzed around the edges of the white cardstock, mounted it on black cardstock then mounted that onto blue cardstock. I added additional embellishments like rubons and bling to finish it up. Here's how it looks like all put together. All it needs is some journaling to complete it.
Thanks for taking the time to have a looksy! Take Care :)
Here's the youtube video for the contest entry:














No comments:
Post a Comment